Monday, April 04, 2005

Grope dot com

I'm back from a few days away in my seaside retreat to find that all is not well at Camp Grope. For a start, the new web site and shopping experience is not online so I call up Quentin to get the latest. Apparently, there's been a big fall-out about how much to charge for the GROPE ROCKS! t-shirts and the web developer has had a hissy fit downing keyboards until everything has been sorted out.

I call an emergency meeting in the Bridge and Coda to see if I can retrieve the situation. Quentin turns up with a face like a smacked arse which doesn't improve when I point out that he's probably depriving a village of an idiot at this moment. This sends him off into girly sulk which doesn't help yours truly's cause one bit. At this point, Old Cove pitches up fresh from some skiing jaunt. Now normally, I find OC about as useful as a wrongly-dated Royal Wedding souvenir but for once, he comes up trumps by 'dear boying' Quentin back to some semblance of normality. Now we are back on track, I bring up the question of the web site launch date. I suggest this Friday which for some reason doesn't go down too well.


Is it me or does no-one have a sense of priority?

2 comments:

Bud said...

I demand a Friday opening of Grope Rocks.com so I can busy myself away from everything that will be spouting every bit of papal info including the Pope's socks. Are there that many in England who give a shit? I thought the Church of England broke away just to avoid that sort of nonsense?

Vernon Grope said...

What size would you require SB?