Saturday, May 14, 2005

Et tu Brute?

Well, the post-election knives are out and yours truly's been asked to resign his leadership of In Vino Veritas. Officially, it's to spend more time with my family but if you'd lived with my mum as long as I have, that's the last reason you'd give.

Truth is, there is a viper in our midst in the rather uneven shape of El Magnifico who has been waiting on the sidelines for VG to dig himself into a big hole. It all came to pass in the Diminished Fifth last Friday where we were foregathered for an end-of-week libation. I was on my seventh JD and Chocotino when the bombshell came. It fell to Quentin, who by now had taken enough Babychams to sink a battleship, to deliver the coup-de-grace by shouting 'You're out - gitface!' from the back of the bar. Now I know how Lady T felt. What followed was an unseemly ruck which resulted in the entire party being ejected into Greek Street but not before I made sure that El Magnifico wouldn't be writing any rhyming couplets for a couple of weeks.

So that's it for me and politics - give me the slimy, corrupt, exploitation of the music business any day

No comments: